With Stars Wars fever running rampant across the galaxy in anticipation of the release of STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, Walt Disney World Resorts has unveiled yet another reason to let the hype force its way into your heart and soul.
It’s been announced that patrons of Walt Disney World Resort will soon be invited to stay aboard the park’s Star Wars-themed hotel, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Word of the intergalactic lodging facility opening in 2021 was given during a media preview for the second attraction at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Rise of the Resistance. When Disney’s Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser opens its pod bay doors to guests, those staying at the state-of-the-art hotel will find themselves immersed in the Star Wars universe like never before.
Details relating to the Galactic Starcruiser resort were previously outlined at this year’s D23 Expo. During the company’s annual celebration, Disney Parks chairman Bob Chapek revealed that Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will provide patrons with a two-night itinerary that finds guests arriving and departing together.
Upon arriving at the terminal, guests will enter a Launch Pod and be blasted off into space where they will then rendezvous with the Halcyon. Once the pod reaches its destination, guests will find themselves aboard a glamourous starcruiser know for exotic expeditions in a galaxy far, far away. While aboard the Halcyon, guests can visit The Atrium, a welcoming place where crew and passengers gather. Once aquainted with the ships’s crew, visitors can enter The Bridge, which houses the cruiser’s navigation and defense systems. While under the instruction of Halcyon crew members, guests will learn about the craft’s defense capabilities and more.
Here’s an official rundown of the experience via Disney Parks:
– The adventure begins when you arrive at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for your two-night experience.
– You will be invited to enter a Launch Pod for transport into space. Through windows above, you’ll see yourself leave the real world behind as you jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the Halcyon.
– When the Launch Pod docks with the Halcyon and the airlock opens, you will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin your journey through a galaxy far, far away.
– A visit aboard the Halcyon becomes a multi-day story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters, and an excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
– The all-immersive experience also features entertaining activities, such as:
– Wielding a lightsaber while facing off against a training remote, where you may discover your own connection with the Force.
– Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about ship systems and how to operate them, including navigation and defense – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
For more information about DIsney’s Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience, click here.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World on December 5th and at Disneyland on January 17, 2020. Meanwhile, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be open to the public sometime in 2021.